|| Maritime Alliance Group, Inc. personnel have provided Spill Management Team (SMT) type services prior to and since the inception of OPA '90. In-house, Maritime Alliance Group has more practical "hands-on" experience than any other service provider.
Maritime Alliance Group's eight (8) full-time staff members, supported by additional administrative personnel and network field responders, currently provide casualty response planning, training and incident response to the owners and insurers of approximately 45,000 vessels. A nationwide network of over 40 response professionals to serve on our team and act as nationwide correspondents supports our staff. We can place a Marine Spill Manager on-site within 2 hours of incident notification, anywhere within the United States or Canada. The maintained network personnel are all actively engaged on a full-time basis responding to casualties in the commercial maritime industry.
The Maritime Alliance Group SMT provides:
- Over 100 years of actual in-house experience responding to the cleanup of over 600 various sized oil and chemical spills.
- A twenty-four hour, 365-day availability with a state-of-the-art communications network ready to receive emergency calls and to respond to any type and size of incident.
- A nationwide network of respected and seasoned spill response professionals, thoroughly well versed in all aspects of Qualified Individual requirements and Spill Management techniques to rapidly respond to real or potential incidents in all Captain-of the-Port zones.
- "Touch of the Button" mobilization of all necessary personnel and resources to provide a fully staffed Incident Command System organization (ICS) capable of expanding or contracting as the situation warrants, to manage and direct any size spill response. This organization includes the following:
- Incident Commander
- Operations Section Chief
- Logistics Section Chief
- Planning Section Chief
- Finance Section Chief
Access to additional experts who can be assimilated into the ICS structure to provide needed support in the following fields:
- Environmental Specialists
- Natural Resource Damage Assessment
- Health and Safety Specialists
- Public Relations
- Media Consultants
- Fire and Explosion
- Oil Spill Modeling and Trajectory
- SMT and support personnel to conduct all sizes and types of OPA '90 required exercises.
- Proprietary, discounted rate agreements with major United States cleanup contractors.
All SMT personnel are certified for the requisite Health & Safety for Hazardous Material (HAZWOPER) training, maintained by annual refresher courses.
Read more about supplemental spill mgmt team services >>